FrettedSynth has released Drum Direction, a free VST plug-in designed to be used with piezo type drum pads, plugged directly to your soundcard.
Drum Direction turns the audio input into a MIDI signal usable by any drum VSTi. It has very low CPU usage, Zero latency with a fade in of about 2.5ms.
- Threshold control – sets the threshold where the gate will trigger
- Re-Trigger control – sets the gate time to re-trigger
- Velocity tracking (also Foot Velocity)
- Linear, exponential or inverted exponential velocity curve
- Open/Close control – used to switch the hi-hat from open to closed position also has foot closed trigger
- MIDI Learn – used to re-map the open\close MIDI CC#
The download includes 4 versions: A single channel version with hihat controller, a 2 channel version, a 4 channel version and a 8 channel version with hihat controller.
Visit FrettedSynth for more information and a link to download Drum Direction.