FrozenPlain has announced the release of The Chordophones, a library of plucked and hammered strings for Native Instruments Kontakt. This library is an amalgamation of 2 previous FrozenPlain libraries, and features a new interface and engine.
It focuses on capturing the atmosphere and sustain of steel strings when resonated. This library features 6 layers of sound and is capable of producing anything from dulcimer to lyre-like tones. The plucky sound is also excellent at making hybrid-organic rhythms and arpeggiations.
The Chordophones features
- 9 nki presets.
- 3 or 4 round robin on up to 2 velocity layers.
- 104 samples (lossless ncw format), 24bit/44.1khz stereo.
- 28 Custom IRs.
- Features the FrozenPlain Effects Engine v2.0: arpeggiator, reverb, atomise, echo & more.
- 6 layers of sound to mix in and for unique sound design.
- Built in arpeggiator.
- Great sound design tool (pads/ ambiances).
The instrument library is available for purchase for $35. Requires full version of Kontakt 5.1 or higher.