Sound Radix has launched a new phase correction AAX AudioSuite plugin for Avid Pro Tools.
Auto-Align Post is designed to automatically correct the delay and comb-filter phase issues occurring when mixing a recording of multiple moving microphones, such as in the case of a shoot set-up using a boom microphone in addition to an actor’s lavalier microphone or multiple on-set microphones.
Until now, phase/time aligning multiple moving microphones was a tedious, time-consuming job that often required several ear-twisting days to complete.
Building on the proprietary technology of our groundbreaking Auto-Align™ plug-in, we’ve developed a next-generation algorithm that makes phase/time correction of a moving multi-microphone recording of an entire film a matter of a few clicks and a short coffee break.
Auto-Align Post features
- Corrects for distances of up to ~112 feet / ~34 meters or a delay of ±100ms.
- Dynamic mode enables continuous phase/time correction for moving actors or cameras.
- Static mode enables fixed phase/time correction for stationary microphones.
- Transparent, filter-free design.
- Multi-channel support.
- Highly optimized for CPU efficiency and operation speed.
- Easy to operate – no manual adjustments required.