Time+Space has launched a sale on the Sam Spacey Epica Bass virtual instrument, a dedicated analog bass synth library that was obsessively sampled from a large collection of all-star classic analog synths and modulars.
No emulations or plugins were used in the recording of Epica Bass as Sam believes that to truly capture the saturated harmonically rich textures that true analogue synthesis brings, you have to keep the recording chain as purely analogue as the source synths themselves.
From the vintage Neve preamp and the UBK Fatso hardware to the boutique guitar distortion pedals and Kush Audio Elektra EQ’s, the gear involved in the making of this Kontakt instrument ensures that Epica Bass sits perfectly in the mix without the need to pile on plugins.
Epica Bass features
- Analog Bass Library for Kontakt 5 or Kontakt Player (included).
- Fully NKS compatible for seamless integration with NI’s Komplete Kontrol Series and MASCHINE`.
- 625 Epic instruments built from 26,657 24bit mono samples.
- 100% Analog Synthesisers used, no plugins or virtual synths.
- Arp Odyssey mk3 (orig), Pro 1, CS-30, SEM, Oakley Modular, Future Retro, Matrix 6r, SH-1000 and Telemark modular.
- Boutique hardware recording chain: UBK Fatso, Kush Elektra, Eventide H8000, DBX160XT, Neve Pre amp and several rare guitar pedals.
- Multi Page Extensive Synthesis with dedicated functions per page to give you full editing power in a non-cluttered Interface.
- Creatively inspiring yet extremely powerful 6 page interface gives you full control over your sound without slowing you down.
- Multiple Round Robins utilised to eliminate machine gun effect as well as velocity sample groups.
- Dedicated FX rack with full control utilising Native Instruments latest emulations of 1176 Compressor, SSL EQ along with Flanger, Chorus, Bit Crusher, Delay and Convolution Reverb (new convolutions).
- Fully fledged Arpeggiator, FX Rack, 3 x LFO’s, Amp Env, Filter Env (6 Filters), Pitch Env, sample start modulation destinations, Pitch Drift, Portmento, Velocity Scale, Mode and more.
- LFO temp sync – All 3 LFOs for Pitch, Filter and Volume can be switched between normal Frequency amount and Tempo synced to your DAW’s BPM.
- Unique sample start modulation gives control over the real analog filter source (6 analog modelled filters also included for use).
Regularly £69.95 GBP, the Epica Bass library is on sale for only £34.98 GBP through January 31st. Prices incl. VAT.
More information: Sam Spacey