This completely reworked version of the STS (eXTended Space Transition Synthesizer) is featuring the eXTended Wave-Transition method plus X-Torsion for absolute unique atmospheres, soundscapes, pads & textures.
A very straight userinterface with 3 “Lazy”-Buttons for randomizing different sets of parameters so programming this synthesizer is incredibly easy. Although this is an amazingly “simple” structured synthesizer it gains its astounding sound from the Transition method for stunning new dimension and motion in evolving sounds changing completely it’s characteristics.
The basic features
- 4 digital PCM-wave oscillators powered by 120 (Pro) / 78 (free) selectable waveforms
- X-Torsion function for oscillators
- 2 “Transit(ion)”-modes
- 2 resonant filters (24db Lowpass and 12 db Highpass)
- 3 ADSR-style envelope generators
- 2 LFO (bpm-synced)
- 1 LFO with shapeable and even patternlike waveforms (bpm-synced)
- 1 Sample & Hold (bpm-synced)
- 1 LFO (bpm-synced) for alternate Transition mode
- combined LFO as mod-sources for filters
- Stereo delay
- Stereo Reverb
A two voice free version is supplied with 256 patches (1 internal and 1 external bank) – just a selection from the whole sets. If you check some patches(also in 2nd patchbank) made by talented Annabelle (ANN) you’ll notice the STS is also capable for cutting leads and interesting gated stuff. Note the Pro version has differing internal and external banks as there are more waves inside.
The Pro version incorporates loading of User Soundfonts & wavefiles (up to 24 Bit), more voices instead of two with the free version. In contrary to the Pro version the free version won’t be updated. Also the Pro version has incorporated as bonus 30 significant waveforms from the STS-17. The enhanced 7 voice version is available for 29,00 Euro
Check the H.G. Fortune website for more information and links to download the free version and mp3 demo’s.