Homegrown Sounds has announced its latest Kontakt instrument Gravity Wave, a unique sounding atmospheric synth that uses a modified engine from the Fragments granular style synth.
Gravity Wave adapts the synth engine from Fragments with the goal of building a unique sounding atmospheric synth.
Gravity Wave uses very long waveforms which increases the complexity of the end result forming unique landscapes sometimes reminiscent of the Korg Wavestation. The samples used come from the previous releases of Fragments, Air Waves and Air Tones although they have been reprocessed into very long complex waveforms from which the sounds are pulled.
Having the combination of the Radio Waves and Musical Sounds, it can make for some very interesting and unique Pads when mixed together.
Gravity Wave features
- 8 Sequencers per Synth which control Filter Cutoff, Volume (polyphonic), Loop Length, Loop Start, Pan, Drive, Reverb Send and Delay.
- Each Sequencer has variable Frequency and Step Amount and all except Volume have an Amount/Depth control.
- Waveform display for each synth which shows the current play position of the newest triggered note.
- 38 choices of Filter Types.
- 50 types of Reverb Impulse Responses.
- Local Randomizer/Default buttons for each section.
- There are 4 algorithmic randomizers for each sequencer which generate various randomized Rhythmic Patterns.
- Global Default loads a predefined state which can be saved by the user and all local Default buttons also use this file.
- Built in Preset System and Browser.
- Dual Synth Architecture.
- 5 Sophisticated Global Randomizers.
- Reverb and Delay Send Effects.
- Chorus/Flanger/Phaser insert effect.
- Includes 100 Presets.
Gravity Wave is available for the intro price of $19.99 USD. Regular price $39.99 USD.
More information: Homegrown Sounds