iConnectivity has announced the release of PlayAUDIO12, a revolutionary audio and MIDI interface designed specifically for live musicians.
PlayAUDIO12 is a bullet-proof, fail-proof solution for control and playback of backing tracks, virtual instruments, and MIDI devices.
Imagine seamless failover protection of audio and MIDI. Imagine a live show where you can forget worrying and concentrate on your performance. Imagine 10 assignable balanced outputs with a dedicated stereo headphone cue, plus integrated MIDI over USB and Ethernet connections. Imagine no longer… PlayAUDIO12 by iConnectivity is here!
PlayAUDIO12 allows every working musician access to a seamless, simple & straightforward failover solution.
PlayAUDIO12 fuses iConnectivity’s knowledge of the live arena, passion for performance, and decades of engineering know-how into one product. PlayAUDIO12 ensures working musicians never suffer the embarrassment of a silent show, ever again.
Our secret is integrating two computers connected directly to the PlayAUDIO12, forming an incredible redundancy / failover protection system. Should your main computer fail, PlayAUDIO12 switches to the backup computer in a heartbeat; so fast that you and your audience won’t even notice. Backing tracks keep playing in time and your MIDI gear stays connected.
PlayAUDIO12 also ships with iConnectivity’s Auracle, an intuitive new control software which enables fast, easy connection of all audio and MIDI inputs and outputs, enabling performers to create sophisticated live systems in minutes.
“We’re proud to be the first company to provide an integrated failover system for performers,” says Al Joelson, VP of Sales and Marketing. “This is a truly unique interface, offering compact & simple failover protection for the live performance arena – an area that until now has been overlooked.”
- 10x 1/4” TRS balanced audio outputs for low noise connections on any stage.
- 1x 1/4” TRS stereo headphone output for convenient headphone monitoring.
- 2x USB ‘B’ ports for connection of up to 2 computers simultaneously.
- Automatic and manual computer switching modes, for lightning fast switching between connected computers.
- USB-MIDI Host Port supports a USB-MIDI Class-Compliant device (add a USB hub and connect up to eight USB-MIDI devices).
- 4-port Ethernet MIDI for rugged long-distance MIDI connections.
- 12 MIDI ports, 16 channels per port.
- iConnectivity’s new Auracle software (download for Mac/Windows) makes it simple to create and save your audio and MIDI routing and mixer presets.
- Capacitive touch control with clear metering for dark stages.
- Easy, software-less control over PlayAUDIO12’s key features from the front panel.
- 2 button “Control In” footswitch input allows manual computer switching and/or user-assignable controls.
- Control Out connection for slaving additional PlayAUDIO12 units.
- Studio sound quality for the live arena – up to 24-bit/96kHz DA conversion.
- USB Audio 2.0 and USB MIDI 1.0 Class-compliant.
PlayAUDIO12 will be available for pre-order immediately for a ship date of for mid-October, 2017 with an estimated street price of $499.99 USD.