IK Multimedia has announced it is now shipping the iKlip, the universal mic stand adapter, which now supports the iPad 2.
The new mounting kit maintains the same standards in strength and flexibility while taking into account the slimmer new version of Apple’s popular tablet.
The snap-in adapters were specifically designed for the iPad 2’s dimensions allowing for a perfect fit inside the mount. Thanks to the new adapters, users can mount their original iPad or iPad 2 to a mic stand quickly and easily. The new iPad 2 snap-in adapters are also available separately for existing owners of iKlip.
- Works with both iPad 2 and original iPad.
- Sturdy, durable thermoplastic construction with sure-grip touch points securely holds your iPad without scratching it.
- Universal stand clip securely attaches to virtually any microphone stand.
- Multi-angle adjustment allows precise positioning for optimal stage or studio viewing.
- Quick-snap clips provide fast, secure iPad insertion.
- Fast installation — iKlip installs on your mic stand in seconds with the twist of a knob.
- All controls, buttons and connectors are accessible when your iPad is clipped into iKlip.
- Multi-mount design provides both horizontal and vertical orientation of your iPad.
- Can be mounted on the vertical part of a mic stand or on a horizontal boom for limitless positioning.
- Designed and manufactured in Italy.
The iKlip for iPad/iPad 2 is available to purchase for $39.99 USD / 29.99 EUR (excl. tax).
Previous iKlip owners can get the iKlip for iPad 2 adapters in the IK online store for $9.99 USD / 7.99 EUR (excl. tax), shipping is free. The iPad 2 adapters are free to those who purchased an iKlip between May 1st and July 31st 2011 (valid receipt required).
More information: IK Multimedia