IK Multimedia has announced the release of Miroslav Philharmonik 2 for Windows and Mac, an emotionally charged orchestral workstation made in conjunction with master musician, jazz legend and sampling luminary Miroslav Vitous, that takes the groundbreaking virtual instrument used on countless classical productions, film scores and pop hits to new levels of expressiveness and realism.
Strings that soar, woodwinds that dance, brass that commands and a full symphony orchestra of sounds at your fingertips — all expertly performed with musical articulations for real music played by real musicians.
From flowing legatos to animated pizzicatos, from aggressive spiccatos to elegant staccatos, from the most subtle pianissimo to the most triumphant fortissimo and more, Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is a sweeping vision from a master artist embodied in a new virtual instrument that brings the orchestra to life.
It’s not enough to just have good recordings of classical instruments. For a true symphonic experience, you need instruments performed by the absolute best musicians articulated in just the right way directed by a producer and conductor who knows the fine art of making living, breathing samples. Miroslav Vitous pioneered the concept of a complete symphonic sample library for real composers, and now he has taken it to the next level.
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 features
- Over 55GB of high-definition samples.
- Includes the complete original Miroslav Philharmonik sound library optimized for more control with articulation switching and enhanced macros.
- Recorded and produced by jazz legend Miroslav Vitous.
- Over 2,700 stereo instruments that cover the complete orchestral spectrum and more.
- Multiple articulations per instrument with articulation switching.
- Comes with ConvoRoom convolution reverb with 3D GUI.
- 34 high-quality studio effects from SampleTank 3.
- 4 professional-grade mastering processors from T-RackS.
- Multi-channel mixer-like Mix interface with 16 channels and 4 insert effects per channel, 4 stereo effect returns (with 5 insert effects each) and a master channel with 5 insert effects.
- Access to the powerful instrument Edit page with 3 sample engines (including formant preserving pitch-shifting and time-stretching engines), 10 filter types and 8 macro controls per instrument for quick multi-parameter editing.
- Based on SampleTank 3’s powerful 64-bit engine.
- Recorded at CNSO Studios in Prague.
Miroslav Philharmonik 2 is available for purchase for the introductory price of 399.99 EUR/USD (download) / 429.99 EUR/USD (boxed copy) until December 31st, 2015 (regular 499.99 EUR/USD download / 529.99 EUR/USD boxed copy).
Current owners of Miroslav Philharmonik can upgrade for 199.99 EUR/USD (download) / 229.99 EUR/USD (boxed copy), and users with qualifying IK software can crossgrade for 299.99 EUR/USD (download) / 329.99 EUR/USD (boxed copy). All prices excluding taxes.
More information: IK Multimedia