Impact Soundworks has announced the release of a free Kontakt instrument where classic retro waveforms meet modern sound design power.
As the name suggests, Super Audio Boy features samples from a certain grey handheld video game system; hardware so famous that its sound chip has spawned multiple musical genres and styles. We lovingly sampled this chip down to its core, including bonus PCM samples run through its ultra-lo fi sample playback capabilities.
The instrument is wrapped up in the extremely powerful 4-layer Super Audio Cart engine, with poly-arpeggiators, sequencers, over a dozen filter models, 5 FX racks, and a 64-slot modulation matrix all at your fingertips. It’s truly a sound designer’s dream.
Super Audio Boy features
- One legendary grey handheld game system.
- All key waveforms multisampled.
- Extra PCM drum samples + waveforms.
- Over 50 authentic & modern presets.
- Meticulous editing to preserve authenticity.
- Recorded using actual hardware.
- Four independent sound source layers.
- Integrated sound source browser.
- Over a dozen filter models.
- 5 FX racks with 8 modules each.
- Poly arpeggiator, gate & sequencer.
- 64-slot modulation matrix.
Super Audio Boy is a free download for Kontakt 5.5 or higher (full version).
Impact Soundworks has also updated the full Super Audio Cart library to version 1.2.5.
Version 1.2.5 addresses some bugs such as errors with NKS compatibility and gradual performance slowdown with fast arp patches. It also generally improves performance across the board.
The update is now available to registered users.
More information: Impact Soundworks