Impact Soundworks has announced the release of Pedal Steel, a virtual instrument that offers an extremely expressive and playable pedal steel guitar with a focus on authentic performances and ease-of-use.
The Kontakt Player powered instrument is capable of playing rich harmonies and sonorous leads simultaneously.
Created by Dimitris Plagiannis, the producer of our popular Django, Turkish Oud, and Bouzouki libraries, Pedal Steel accurately captures the sound of an authentic American instrument with an instantly recognizable sound.
Pedal Steel focuses on ease of use. Simply load it up, start playing, and you’ll immediately get those signature glides from note to note. Dig a little deeper into the “Harmonized Mono” mode, and you’ll quickly discover how to perform expressive intervals and chords all on a single track!
Whether you’re writing jazz, blues, country, or soundtracks, we think you’ll enjoy the versatility of this instrument.
Pedal Steel features
- Nearly 10,000 x 24bit recordings.
- Three adjustable channels: DI and two amps.
- Per-string, per-fret sampling and up to 9x RR per note.
- Beautiful variable-speed glides (legato).
- Harmonization Editor to create custom voicings.
- Customizable key ‘touch’, microtuning and more.
- CONSOLE: Modular FX rack & mixer with 30 modules and 5 channels
Pedal Steel is available for the intro price of $149 USD for a limited time (regular $199 USD). Requires Kontakt 5.7 or higher (full or free Player).
More information: Impact Soundworks