Initial Audio has recently released an update to the Initial Slice loop slicer plugin.
Version 1.2.0 introduces Pro Tools AAX plugin support. It also includes many changes, bug fixes, features and new content.
Initial Slice is a loop slicer and beat making plugin. Load audio loops via drag and drop to slice, loop, reverse, pitch shift or even time stretch them. Initial Slice also comes with multiple built in piano rolls so you can create sequences right in the box. On top of this we have an advanced drum sequencer, bass sequencer, playlist editor, 4 effect racks (each with 11 built in effects) and lots of top quality content.
Producers from all across the globe came together to built a massive library of over 300 melodic trap, hiphop, drill and rnb loops, drum patterns and beat starters.
Changes in Initial Slice v1.2.0
- Added AAX plugin support for Protools.
- Graphical improvements
- Added more tooltips.
- Playlist bar number starts from one instead of zero.
- Extended the length of the playlist.
- Added auto scrolling of the playlist.
- When in song mode the playlist is synced to the host playlist when running as a plugin. Pressing play in the host will trigger Slices play button and play back in sync with the host.
- Added an option to turn on or off looping the playlist.
- Play mode is saved in the host project file.
- When moving the playback indicator in the playlist the audio will start playing from the indicator position, instead of waiting for the start of a new block.
- Basic loop only presets (Not Beat Starters) can be dragged directly onto the sample display. There are two options: 1 Load only the loop without setting any parameters. This is useful if you want to try out different loops but keep everything else the same. Or 2 also load the bass sequence if one is available. This bass will be in key and to the scale of the loop.
- Added Swing to the drum sequencer.
- Added support for ASIO drivers on windows in the standalone app.
- Added support for bluetooth midi devices on windows in the standalone app.
- Dragging a slice outside of the plugin/App now has the BPM of the project instead of the original sample BPM. So the slice will sound the same outside Initial Slice as inside.
- Per slice loop and reverse now ignores the Play To End parameter and works as expected.
- Fixed bluetooth midi not working in standalone on Mac OS 11
- Fixed an issue where bounce wouldn’t work if files of the same name already existed.
- Fixed the sample being out of sync when changing per slice pitch and the project BPM is different to sample BPM.
- Fixed an issue when changing BPM in the host the slices could start at the wrong position.
- Setting half time or double time didn’t fully take account of the host BPM.
- Fixed an issue with drum patterns, on occasion the very first sample might not play.
- Stability fixes.
- Added free Expansion Pack (Magic Desert) incl. 27 new melodic loops, drum kits and beatstarters.