iZotope has announced the launch of Dialogue Match, the first tool to automatically learn and match the sonic character of dialogue recordings.
It is also the first product to combine brand-new machine learning from iZotope with ground-breaking reverb technology from Exponential Audio’s product line, which was acquired by iZotope earlier this year.
Re-recording mixers that are responsible for delivering the final sound mix for films and television programs, often need a way to quickly match dialogue from lavalier, boom mics, and ADR (Automated Dialogue Replacement), in order to create a seamless and cohesive dialogue performance. With Dialogue Match, users can analyze audio to extract a sonic profile, then apply the profile to any other dialogue track for fast and easy environmental consistency in scene recordings, allowing them to complete the tedious process of matching production dialogue to ADR in seconds, rather than hours.
“Users who have tested Dialogue Match are telling us that it will change the way they approach dialogue editing forever,” said iZotope’s Senior Product Manager, Mike Rozett. “We are very excited to collaborate with Exponential Audio founder Michael Carnes on this product and we’re both convinced that this technology will revolutionize the laborious process of getting continuity in dialogue.”
For re-recording mixers and ADR editors, Dialogue Match is an unprecedented time-saver. Tonal characteristics can be matched between a boom and a lavalier microphone, localized audio can automatically be matched to the original language, and global snapshots and reference profiles can be saved or loaded.
Dialogue Match features
- EQ Module leverages the EQ matching mechanics of iZotope’s Ozone 9 to quickly learn and match the tonal and spectral characteristics of dialogue.
- Reverb Module Reverb Module uses brand-new reverb matching technology, powered by machine learning, to capture spatial reflections from one recording and accurately apply them to another via Exponential Audio’s clean, realistic reverb engine.
- Ambience Module analyzes the spectral noise profile of a recording, and identifies and re-creates room tone for dramatic acceleration of the ADR workflow.
Dialogue Match is now available as a standalone AudioSuite plugin for the intro price of $499 USD from iZotope and distributor Plugin Boutique. Crossgrades from selected iZotope and Exponential Audio products are available as well at discounts of up to 50% off regular.
iZotope does not currently support its use for any host application other than Pro Tools 11 or later.
Dialogue Match is also be available as part of the following bundles:
- Post Production Surround Reverb Bundle ($1,199 USD MSRP).
- RX 7 Advanced Reverb Bundle ($1,499 USD MSRP).
- RX Post Production Suite 4 ($1,999 USD MSRP).
More information: iZotope