Janus Lynggaard Thorborg has announced Signalizer, a free, open source audio visualization plugin for Windows and Mac.
Signalizer is a all-in-one signal visualizing package with a bunch of unique focus-points; real-time audio visualization with optimized 3D GPU graphics, everything being scalable and zoomable gridlessly as well as being arbitrarily precise in both settings and display.
Combined with a rich feature set, Signalizer is suited both for electrical/audio engineers fullscreen-inspecting signals, or for general small windows giving an overview of your audio as you create it.
Signalizer v0.2.5 features
- Freely resizable window.
- Fullscreen mode.
- UI from cpl (including UI, skin and colour customization).
- Global presets.
- Software and OpenGL rendering engines.
- Pure vector graphics UI.
- Supports any DPI displays (including Retina).
- No load on the audio thread at all.
- Variable graphic settings, multisampling levels (hardware antialiasing), variable FPS or vertical sync.
- Each plugin/visualizer has separate sample sizes, colouring for visualization and preset handing.
- Vector scope
- “3D view” of waveform, with time as z-axis.
- Line or point rendering.
- Lissajous- or “polar” coordinate system displays.
- Toggleable auto-gain.
- Balance- and phase-correlation meters.
- Precise and classic FFT.
- Customly developed resonating filter bank, with constant-Q behaviour and windows.
- Choosable and tunable window functions, including none (rectangular).
- Non-power of 2 sizes (freely scaling).
- Tunable settings for dsp windows, interpolations etc.
- Phase cancellations.
- Spectrogram or spectral view modes.
- Freely zoomable in all axes.
- Logarithmic / linear modes.
Signalizer 0.2.5 alpha is available for download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).