Josh Levy has released the BOOM 808 Percussion Synth, a Rack Extension instrument for Propellerhead Reason.
BOOM’s 16 instruments are built using virtual analog synthesis, modeled on the circuitry from the original TR-808. Circuits like the trigger, swing VCA, bridged T-network, and multi-oscillator cymbal wave source are faithfully modeled. But BOOM isn’t a museum piece, it’s a completely updated modern instrument, with added capabilities such as new controls with expanded ranges, and inputs and outputs that go far beyond the original TR-808.
BOOM gives you the bassline too, with a fully playable bass synthesizer using the classic 808 kick. Why waste time searching through samples? With boom, you can instantly get the sounds you want just by tweaking a few knobs.
- Virtual analog modeled percussion and bass synthesizer inspired by the Roland TR-808.
- 16 instruments, and a full bass synthesizer.
- Individual stereo outputs for each instrument.
- CV gate, pan and level control for each instrument.
- Pan and level knobs for each instrument.
- Full automation of all controls.
- Analogify control adds analog flavor.
- Poly or mono per each instrument up to 128 voices.
The BOOM Rack Extension is available to purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Reason Studios