Splice has announced the launch of the KORG Collection 2 plugin bundle on its Rent-to-Own platform.
The collection features faithful recreations of seven iconic and timeless synths and one FX that crafted legendary sounds from the 1970s through the 2000s.
KORG’s Component Modeling Technology captures the uniquely organic and unpredictable feeling of analog with faithful reproduction by KORG engineers, plus improvements.
Freed from hardware limitations, the KORG Collection utilizes the software element for ease of use and high-quality sound.
The bundle includes:
- TRITON: This award-winning workstation has been faithfully reproduced down to the smallest details from the Hyper Integrated (HI) synthesis system to every one of the vast number of preset programs. These sounds and parameters include filters, insert FX, master FX, EQ, and a dual arpeggiator.
- M1: The first workstation synthesizer and pioneer of the PCM tone generation, the M1 defined the sound of the late ’80s and early ’90s. This digital version offers that same distinctive resonance and tonal character offered by KORG’s trailblazing voicing technology.
- WAVESTATION: The WAVESTATION synthesizer produced a new sound in 1990 by combining and shifting between multiple complex waveforms. KORG has turned the synth’s joystick experience digital so you can mix and morph oscillators, sequence sounds, and arrange rhythmic patterns on an improved high-resolution and scalable interface.
- MS-20: The entirety of the 1978 analog, monophonic, patchable synthesizer has been reproduced with its two oscillators, high-pass/low-pass self-oscillating filters with unique distortion, and a patch section with an external signal processor that can accept external audio input.
- Polysix: The programmable 6-voice polyphonic analog synthesizer released in 1981 has been completely reproduced. Shape your choice of waveforms, chorus/phase/ensemble effects, and performance functions such as chord memory, arpeggiator, and unison.
- Mono/Poly: In 1981, Korg combined its analog synthesizers into one ground-breaking four-VCO mono/poly synth. This latest evolution brings the power and vintage vibes you want in a plugin. Each of the VCOs offers adjustable pitch, waveform, octave, and level. Plus, the Synchro and Cross Modulation functions for creating revolutionary tonal effects, and more.
- ARP ODYSSEY: In 2015, in collaboration with ARP Instruments co-founder David Friend, KORG recreated the original 1972 ARP ODYSSEY using precise models of the transistors, capacitors, and resistors used in the hardware model. KORG has once again recreated the ODYSSEY in plugin form.
- MDE-X: The MDE-X uses effect algorithms derived from the high-quality TRITON family of synthesizers. With its 128 effect programs, this plugin can be used for creating sound design, live performance, and mixdown sessions.
KORG Collection 2 is available for $15.99 USD/month for 25 months until you own it. You can pause or cancel at any time and the bundle is free to try for 3 days.
More information: Splice