Korg has announced its upcoming MicroKorg XL+ synthesizer and vocoder.
With its unmistakably unique exterior and its inimitable sound, the MicroKorg set the standard for analog modeling synthesizers. The year 2008 saw the introduction of the MicroKorg XL, which inherited the MicroKorg ‘s fat and powerful sounds, while adding keyboard staples such as electric piano and CX-3 organ.
And now, in the next evolutionary step, the MicroKorg XL+ delivers a fresh update to the sounds and look of the MicroKorg XL, making it an ideal compact keyboard.
MicroKorg XL+ features
- Even more vintage sounds, including the KORG SGproX piano, M1 and VOX organs and well-known “Tape” instruments.
- New program genre selector that reflects the current musical scene.
- New yet nostalgic – black panel “new vintage” design.
- Featuring MMT – the distillation of Korg’s analog modeling technology.
- Vocoder with included gooseneck microphone.
- A powerful Kaoss effects engine – the kind of effects that you would expect from Korg.
- Korg’s proprietary Natural Touch mini-keyboard, designed with an emphasis on playability.
- Battery powered operation is supported for increased portability.
The microKORG XL+ will be available in October 2012, priced at RPP £339.99 ex VAT. The limited edition 10th Anniversary models are scheduled for November.