Soundtoys has announced the release of Little Plate, an audio effect plugin that models the rich and spacious sound of plate reverbs.
For this plugin, Soundtoys collected plate reverbs from around the world, including five immense original EMT 140s, and meticulously modeled the rich and spacious sound of their favorite plate from this collection. Some distinct and modern twists were added, including a modulation switch and infinite reverb tails.
The original EMT 140, with its mechanical and possibly asbestos-clad damping plate, could vary its reverberation decay time from 1 to 5 seconds. Little Plate offers a broader range of decay times: as short as half a second for super tight ambience effects, to truly cavernous extended decay times up to infinity for unique and creative frozen reverb sounds.
When Mod is switched on, chaotic variations are used to add life and movement to the reverberation effect. The Low Cut and Mix knobs help to dial in the perfect reverb sound quickly and easily.
Little Plate features
- Add the sound of vintage plate reverb to your tracks.
- Push beyond the limits of the hardware with extended reverb decay time.
- Create infinite reverb effects that never decay.
- Optional Modulation for natural-sounding variation in the reverb tail.
- Low Cut filter to tame low frequency build-up.
- 25 distinct presets to quickly dial in a sound.
Little Plate for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is a free download through November 22nd, 2017. After the introductory period, the regular price will be $99 USD.
Note that you need an iLok account to activate the plugin (dongle not required). Soundtoys 5 Bundle owners were already issued a license in their iLok accounts.