Livid Instruments has introduced its new Base controller.
Combining the technology of drum machines and touch screens, Base delivers a sleek new pressure-sensitive surface that doubles up the MPC’s fabled 16 pads and opens up your hands to freely mix. With 32 pressure-sensitive pads, nine touch sliders, eight touch-sensitive buttons, and eight momentary buttons there’s plenty of controls to play and control your set.
Illuminated throughout with RGB lights and a simple character display, Base provides plenty of novel ways to give you feedback for playing drums, synths, loops, step sequencing, changing presets, and even navigating your set. Customize all the settings and internal presets using the Base Editor web application to best fit your workflow with your favorite DAW, VST, plugin, or application.
- Dimensions 10.25” x 11”x 0.75”.
- Weight 3 lbs.
- Completely editable with on board presets.
- Works with anything that supports MIDI learn.
- 32 velocity / pressure sensitive pads with aftertouch.
- 9 touch faders with multiple LED modes.
- 8 touch buttons.
- 8 function buttons.
- All controls have RGB lights.
- USB powered and class compliant (no drivers needed).
- Constructed from high quality aluminum and rubber.
- Design and assemebled in Austin, TX.
Base will be shipping March 1st, 2013. It is available to pre-order for $399 USD.