MAAT has announced availability of thEQblue6, a parametric equalizer effect plugin featuring 6 EQ topologies.
Why develop yet one more parametric equalizer (PEQ) when there’s already hundreds on the market? The answer is simple… ’Cuz there was room for improvement! It was customers of the original LinearPhase PEQ Red and Orange who asked Algorithmix to develop a classic EQ, for recording and mixing tasks, with unparalleled purity and transparency.
Over several years, our Dr. Christoph closely analyzed many of the best out there, and compiled a vast knowledgebase of analog EQ best practices. Cherry picking from that, he implemented not just one or two, but an entire collection of trad minimal phase EQs.
The result? A distillation of analog antecedents, while others are based on new ideas. We know you’ll enjoy our dozen variations of blue, newly revised by MAAT, and find your favorite sound.
- Fully parametric minimum phase EQ.
- Up to twelve unique idealized architectures, derived from analog circuits.
- Panorama control targets left–only, right–only, mono–only, L-R–only, or stereo.
- Optional live spectrogram.
- AutoGain for effortless A/B comparisons.
- Variable resonant ƒ tunings for common Western scales.
- Inbuilt tone generator for quick spectral navigation.
thEQblue6 is available in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats for the introductory price of $179 USD (regular $219 USD).
The upcoming thEQblue12 features all 12 equalizer architectures. It is available for a pre-release price of $309 USD (MSRP $389 USD). Note that thEQblue requires a 3-Series Wibu CmStick.
More information: MAAT