Martinic has announced a new audio plugin in collaboration with Macaris. The Colorsound Tremolo is a recreation of the original vintage pedal, as used by Green Day, Joe Bonamassa, and Phil Manzanera among other well known guitar players.
The plugin includes recreations of both the 1974 and 1996 version of the original pedal, for which VOX inventor Dick Denney developed the circuitry.
In the 70’s, brothers Larry and Joe Macari of Sola Sound developed the Colorsound Tremolo, modeled after the tremolo of a VOX® AC30 tube amp, using only 4 transistors.
With Martinic’s addition of modern software capabilities, the Martinic Colorsound Tremolo offers enhancements including stereo and tempo sync. With the added capability of digitally saved presets, the plugin offers the flexibility to enhance any audio track with unique, throbbing tremolo.
Colorsound Tremolo features
- Accurate emulation of original Colorsound Tremolo effect.
- Includes two different models: 1974 and 1996.
- Extended LFO speed range from 0.01 to 20 Hz.
- Optional LFO host tempo sync from 16 bars to 1/64 note.
- Stereo input/output with stereo width control.
- Drive control that adds subtle saturation.
- Output volume control.
- Includes 16 presets.
Available in VST and AU plugin formats for Windows and Mac, Colorsound Tremolo is on sale at an introductory 35% discount (regular $19 USD).
More information: Martinic