Matthew Lindsay has released NCL EQ, a flexible high-quality 10 band parametric equalizer plug-in.
It’s designed to be clean, precise and to minimise digital artifacts such as frequency warping. Uses include mixing, tracking, and mastering.
NCL EQ features
- 64 bit internal precision.
- Oversampling of the high bands.
- Selectable filter types.
- AB to quickly compare settings.
- Adjustable meter ballistics.
- Key commands for quick editing:
- – Control left click zeros gain controls.
- – Holding alt increases knob stiffness.
- – Holding shift allows fine tuning of the frequency control in steps of 100 Hz.
- – Holding shift+tab allows fine tuning of frequency in 1 Hz steps.
NCL EQ is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
Note: NCL EQ was made in synthedit, but all the DSP and a large section of the GUI uses custom modules coded in C++
9-Nov-2009: updated NCL EQ to version 1.1 – Improved multi-core support and reduced file size (same download link below)
NCL EQ — Download size: 1.35 MB