MHC has released Extreme, a hybrid synth which uses samples/waveforms as the oscillator source.
In addition, Extreme features an ensemble section which can multiply the oscillator source into 6 different oscillators, which gives Extreme a very thick and punchy sound.
- Polyphony: Unlimited voices (any number of voices your computer can handle, can also be a fixed number)
- Resonant lowpass filter per voice
- Amplitude envelope
- Pitch modulation (LFO)
- Ensemble unit which multiplies the oscillator into six oscillators which can be detuned (the amount control) and mixed with the original voice
- Effects: Resonator, Flanger, Reverb, Pitch shifter, Amplitude modulator, Sub oscillator and several filter banks and bandpass filters
- Crossfading and layering of effects
- MIDI Learn
- Includes 256 presets, optional soundpacks available for a total of 1024 presets
Extreme is available for Windows PC (Audio Unit for Mac OS X coming soon) and costs $139 USD.
Visit MHC for more information.