Mixland has announced the release of a new version of its Rubber Band Compressor plugin.
Rebuilt from the ground up, with the highest fidelity sound and more features than ever before, Rubber Band Compressor v2 reimagines the original Rubber Band VCA circuit with Mixland’s newest modeling technology, in order to provide greater feel, bounce, and resolution, with instantaneous load times.
We’ve taken the original concept of our emulation of what happens when a physical rubber band is stretched (tension-based compression with an exponential ratio that snaps back harder depending on how far you push it), and pushed it to its limits.
New features include a FET mode, expansive crunch circuit with adjustable tube bias, type, and, high and low shelving with selectable frequencies, flexible sidechain options, artist presets, A/B comparison modes, an “undo” and “redo” features, pre-and-post EQ modes, mix knob, TAPE and LIMIT functions, and three overall voicing modes (vintage, flat, and modern).
Rubber Band Compressor v2 features
- Fully-reimagined build of the classic Rubber Band dual stage VCA compression circuit (with exponential ratio that pushes back the harder you dig in).
- All new FET mode, expanding the versatility of the world’s snappiest compressor.
- Adjustable shelving equalizer with flexible frequency points.
- New “Vintage” “Flat” and “Modern” modes to add the right flavor to any sound it touches.
- New Tape Saturation and Limiting functions adding a new level of both vibe and functionality.
- “Weight” mode triggers a highpass to the compressor’s detection circuit,for musical low end response.
- Available in AAX, VST, and AU formats.
- Compatible with macOS X 10.7 & higher (M1 and Monterey supported), Windows 7 & higher (Pro Tools 11 and above).
Rubber Band Compressor v2 is available for purchase for $49.99 USD. Owners of the original Rubber Band Compressor will be able to purchase v2 with a 50% discount voucher. A 14 day trial is available to try the plugin.
More information: Mixland