Softube has introduced the latest in the Model series of software synthesizers. With a carefully modeled circuit, interactions, and performance of an industry-defining polyphonic synth from 1980, the Model 80 Five Voice Synthesizer aims to capture the genuine sound, feel, and experience of the Prophet 5 from Sequential.
It’s not overstating things to say that this five-voice synthesizer changed the future. The first synthesizer with a digital microprocessor to control the analog polyphonic synth engine and store sounds, it has graced hits from superstars such as Michael Jackson, Madonna, Peter Gabriel, Radiohead, The Cars, and countless others.
With great reverence and proven modeling expertise, we captured every detail of this storied synth’s circuit, interactions, and factory presets. The result is a revelation: the authentic sound, feel, and performance of an industry-defining instrument perfected for modern production. Like a prophecy from 1980 fulfilled, so cometh Model 80 Five Voice Synthesizer.
Model 80 features
- The industry-defining five-voice polyphonic synth from 1980.
- Precisely modeled sound, interactions, and performance of the original unit.
- The easy recall of original factory presets heard on countless classic recordings.
- An accurately modeled and newly versatile Voice Mod section.
- Workflow enhancements such as poly-portamento glide, Voice Pan Spread, velocity and aftertouch modulation, quantize filter cutoff, DAW sync, an Aging knob, and the Invert Voice Mod button.
- Two versions included: the instrument and five modules for Modular.
Available in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats, the Model 80 is on sale for the intro price of 99 USD/EUR until June 2nd, 2023 (regular 149 USD/EUR).
The offer is available at Plugin Boutique and from the Softube store.