Modstep has announced a version 1.0.2 update for its music app for iPad.
Along with critical bugfixes the new version of the iOS sequencer now adds audio recording, audiobus support, AudioShare, a better performance on all iPads as well as numerous tweaks and enhancements.
Changes in Modstep v1.0.2
- Audiobus support: added 8 audiobus output channels
- AudioShare export and recording of all tracks (hit the new tapedeck button to record all tracks with internal instruments or IAAs, the files can be found in the /Recordings/ folder and exported to AudioShare or the internal Sampler via the file browser). The recordings are quantized to the current clip quantization.
- Improved Reverb.
- Massively lower CPU usage especially older iPads will run a lot more tracks now.
- IPad 1 support is back (unfortunately it’s getting harder and harder to keep it that way!)
- New parameter on Sampler ‘One Shot’ that disables the ADSR completely
- Clips, Scenes and Arm, Mute, Solo, Volumes per Track are now MIDI mappable to external controllers.
- Tempo Up/Down and Nudge are now MIDI mappable.
- CPU meter is much more accurate now and only monitors the audio-thread.
- Tracks will now correctly remember their MIDI setup and restore it upon load.
- Lots of small enhancements.
- IAA Effects load the proper effect now.
- IAA Effects will delete/restore fine again.
- IAAs show the proper icons in the VST when used with studiomux.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent tempo changes when Ableton Link was not activated.
- Fixed a bug that would cause wrong IAA fx to be loaded.
- Tons of enhancements and other bugfixes.
- Fixed Clip & Track Import & Export.
- New externally recorded notes and CCs will be played back immediately now.
Modstep is available for purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Modstep