Mokafix has updated Tatapoum to version 4.
Tatapoum is a combined drum sampler and pattern sequencer, simular to Propellerheads’ Redrum.
Drum Sampler features
- solo, mute, load and preview controls
- pan, sample playback length, normal/reverse playback direction, full/fade playback envelope
- playback levels for high and low velocity, pitch control
- velocity to pitch bend (warp) feature, with pitch bend, rate and velocity sensitivity controls
- velocity to tone (filter) feature, with tone and velocity sensitivity controls
- velocity to sample start feature, with start positions for high and low velocity
- 2 pairs of drums (2,3 and 7,8) with the “link” feature
- in ( ) mode, the drums in the pair are independent
- in [ALT] mode, triggering either drum plays the 2 drums alternately
- in [RND] mode, triggering either drum plays one of the 2 drums at random
- 2 pairs of drums (4,5 and 9,10) with the “exclusive” feature, triggering one drum stops the other
Pattern Sequencer features
- 16 pads, add/remove triggers, set velocity, add/remove FX
- 5 flexible effects (2 flam rolls + 2 feedback rolls + 1 reverse)
- 4 banks of 8 patterns = 32 patterns in all
- saveable and loadable pattern sets
- pulse divide
- up to 16 steps in each pattern, and pattern chaining, for longer sequences
- forward or reverse pattern play direction
The latest version of Tatapoum is currently available from Asseca.com, where you can also find some manuals.