Molten Voltage has released Molten MIDI 2, a programmable stompbox whammy controller.
Have you every wondered what your Whammy hears when it dreams?
Molten MIDI 2™ by Molten Voltage is a Programmable MIDI Stompbox that offers five new ways to control the Digitech Whammy 4™.
Molten MIDI 2 features
- Lets you hear notes that aren’t normally available on the Whammy. Sequence those notes into elegant harmonies and improbable riffs.
- Doubles as a synchronized or stand-alone MIDI Clock source for all your MIDI devices.
- Use it with your stock Digitech Whammy IV – no modifications required.
- Stores 15 programs at a time, that are created manually or using our computer-based Programming Utility.
- The Programmer lets you trade files and share favorite loops and settings.
- Programs are selected using the footswitches and are indicated using the Whammy’s own LEDs. The Whammy works normally when Molten MIDI 2 isn’t sending data.
- Programs can be up to 16 steps each, and come in 5 different flavors:
- Loop Portamento programs cycle through sequences of virtual expression pedal positions. “Portamento” means you hear the Whammy “slide” from one step to the next, rather than “jump”, as if the expression pedal is moving.
- Loop, No Portamento programs are just like the Portamento version, except Whammy doesn’t “slide” from one position to another, it “jumps”.
- Step Portamento programs step through sequences of virtual expression pedal positions each time the Step button is pressed. As the Whammy changes to a new “virtual” position, you hear it “slide” up or down to the new position.
- Step, No Portamento programs are just like the Portamento version, except Whammy doesn’t “slide” from one position to another each time Step is pressed, it “jumps”.
- Different Settings programs step through selected Whammy settings each time the Step button is pressed. The virtual position of the expression pedal is not affected.
- MIDI Sync — When configured in Whammy & Clock mode, Molten MIDI 2 sends synchronized MIDI Clock data whenever a Loop is playing. You can use the MIDI Clock output to control sequencers, drum machines, and other MIDI-based effects like the BOSS Slicer [SL-20].
- Sends parallel Program Change and Song Select data to keep all your MIDI devices on the same page.
- In Clock Only mode, Molten MIDI 2 works as a tap tempo MIDI Clock generator.
- Daisy chain your Whammy to the MIDI Thru on any other MIDI device that passes unchanged information appearing at its MIDI IN jack from Molten MIDI 2.
Molten MIDI 2 is available to purchase for $109 USD.
More information: Molten Voltage / Molten MIDI 2