Moog Music has announced a new the Subsequent 25, a 2-note paraphonic synthesizer that melds the hands-on analog soul of classic Moog instruments with the convenience and workflow of a modern sound-design machine.
In the spirit of continuous improvement, Moog Music is transitioning production of the award-winning Sub Phatty analog synthesizer to make way for a new standard: the Subsequent 25. Implementing upgraded sonic modifications and functional improvements, the new Subsequent 25 becomes the standard production model moving forward.
Subsequent 25 builds on the success of its predecessor by implementing the ultra-popular paraphonic functionality of Duo Mode, upgrading to wood side pieces, and featuring the familiar Subsequent series of user-requested performance adjustments:
- Twice the headroom for access to a new range of classic clean tones in mono and duo modes.
- Reshaped gain staging in the Ladder Filter to boost harmonic saturation and analog compression, resulting in an overall richer low end.
- Re-tuned Multidrive circuit that extends well beyond the original grit and growl of the Sub Phatty.
- Upgraded keybed for improved playability.
- High-powered headphone amplifier strong enough to drive the most demanding headphones.
To illuminate the enhanced sonic vocabulary of the new Subsequent 25, Moog Music collaborated with prolific producer Flying Lotus and renowned graphic designer Julian House.
The resulting film, Building Your World, animated by House and scored by Flying Lotus using the Subsequent 25, invites the viewer to slip into the mysterious and magical sci-fi world of analog circuits and waveforms.
Building Your World brings the journey from Sub Phatty to Subsequent 25 full circle, evoking 2013’s New Machine For Living, the animated film scored by Flying Lotus to celebrate the release of the original Sub Phatty synthesizer.
Subsequent 25 is now available for order worldwide.
More information: Moog Music