Music-Society has introduced XM2, a free 2-operator FM synthesizer instrument by LazyDog (2Lazy).
- Osc 1 modulated by osc 2, or parallel (FM=0), FBack=strength (5 waveforms).
- Simple AD envelopes for amplitude and pitch (a break from complex FM ‘ratio’ EGs…)
- Top DCA EG is for main osc/OP/carrier A, and defines overall DCA/note length.
- Lower DCA is for modulator OP B.
- Pitch env has no effect unless switched on, and assigned ‘amount’, – or + (green buttons).
- Filter (DCF) has full ADSR envelope. single or double serial operation (4 modes per stage).
- Dual assignable keyscaling (-/+).
- Velocity response on DCA, DFC, FDBK.
- Modwheel assignable 10 destinations, obscurely indicated by 2-character LED (old school).
XM2 for Windows (VST) is a free download for registered Music-Society members (registration is free).