Musical Sampling has announced its new Kontakt instrument library PLCK, a collection of 16 plucked string instruments utilizing sustains and release triggers derived from performances.
PLCK is not your typical pluck library. Most efforts behind existing pluck libraries involve recording samples in complete isolation.
The issue with this is that it completely omits all the crucial “pre-pluck” information necessary for a lively pluck sample; that slight, anticipatory “brush” of your finger. To combat this, all of the round robin sustain samples were derived from procured, impulsive phrases.
- 16 Plucked String Instruments: Acoustic Bass Guitar, Acoustic Guitar 1, Acoustic Guitar 2, Banjo, Bass Guitar Creamy, Bass Guitar Clean, Mandolin, Nylon 1, Nylon 2, Resonator, Ukulele, Upright Bass 1, Upright Bass 2, Cello, Viola, Violin).
- Guitar and Box Kit.
- Indie Drum Kit.
- All sustains sourced from musical performances.
- All release triggers sourced from musical performances.
- Responsive length of “pre-pluck” material retained.
- Hand-tuned to retain natural pitch temperament.
- Attack times for all plucked instruments synchronized.
- Reverb control of custom plate impulse.
- Plucks performed softly.
The instrument library for Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher is on sale for the intro price of $79 USD until September 24th, 2020 (MSRP $119 USD).
More information: Musical Sampling