Native Instruments has announced an update to the Kontakt 6 industry-standard sampling platform for Windows and Mac.
Kontakt 6.4 includes new dynamic effects, a new main effects module, and lots more.
We’ve added the SUPERCHARGER GT compressor and a new transparent limiter to the effects selection. Two great effects for either adding hot, tonal compression or super-clean dynamic control.
There’s also a new Main FX bus which makes signal routing even more flexible: It has eight slots for inserting effects at the last step of the signal chain – after the Send FX and just before the instrument output.
Changes in Kontakt 6.4
- Added: There are now two new effects for dynamic processing (SUPERCHARGER GT, Transparent Limiter).
- Added: There is now a new Main Effects signal processing module.
- Added: New constants for the
argument when setting and getting engine parameters ($NI_SEND_BUS, $NI_INSERT_BUS, $NI_MAIN_BUS).
- Improved: The number of maximum MIDI object export areas has been increased to 512.
- Added: KSP A new constant that defines which area should be used when dragging from a specific label ($CONTROL_PAR_MIDI_EXPORT_AREA_IDX).
- Added: KSP A new command that defines the number of MIDI object export areas mf_set_num_export_areas(
- Added: KSP A new command mf_copy_export_area(
) is used to manage the usage of the new additional export areas.
- Added: KSP New bindings for Inverter and Amplifier parameters for Phase Invert and L/R swap ($ENGINE_PAR_PHASE_INVERT, $ENGINE_PAR_LR_SWAP).
- Added: KSP A new constant allows up to 16 custom event parameters to be assigned ($EVENT_PAR_CUSTOM).
- Improved: Effects can now be replaced with a right mouse click.
- Improved: Saving the name of a custom snapshot by pressing “Enter” is now supported.
- Fixed: Since Kontakt 6.3.0 folder locations with a slash directly in the path would not be stored by Kontakt.
- Fixed: KSP Showing and hiding a label with a drop target did not work correctly.
- Fixed: Replika BBD Type, Diffusion Amount, Diffusion Mod and Diffusion Density did not correctly recall values.
- Fixed: When used as a send effect, Replika return parameter did not behave correctly.
- Fixed: Kontakt would crash in certain edge cases when manually entering values in edit fields.
- Added: New factory KSP multi script Remap Keyboard.
- Improved: Tweaks to the factory KSP multi script Change Keys.
- Added: Replika, Plate Reverb and Send Effects Chain additional presets.
The update is now available from Native Access.
More information: Native Instruments