Tek’it Audio has announced an updated to the APC virtual re-creation of the popular Atari Punk Console DIY lo-fi circuit.
Version 1.6 includes support for the macOS Audio Unit format and 64-bit VST2/VST3 plug-in formats for Windows.
APC is a lo-fi square wave synthesizer which is based on the “Stepped Tone Generator” circuit designed by Forrest M. Mims III in 1980. It also includes modifications of the original circuit, resonant Zero-Delay Feedback high-pass and low-pass filters, a gate controller with a Hold function and key tracking.
Changes in APC v1.6
- Adds 64-bit VST2 support for Windows.
- Adds 64-bit VST3 support for Windows.
- Adds 64-bit Audio Unit support for macOS.
- Adds .vstpreset and aupreset format support.
- Adds .xmlpreset and .xmlbank to exchange preset between formats.
- New Windows installer program to support the new plug-in formats.
- Adds package installer for macOS.
- Fixes Hold and Gate was not working when Keytrack MOD was active.
- Fixes BEEP Keytrack was not getting all Note Changes.
- Improves Gate handling.
- Fixes Loud stop working when put to zero while using Gate or Hold.
- Fixes output volume was lighter when hold is active.
- Improves LFO on BLOOP.
- Tunes filters frequency knobs curve.
- UI New About Screen icon.
- Removes Submit Mod’s feature.
- Removes Social and Help Screen.
- Adds new presets.
- Drops support for Windows XP, Vista and 7.
- “End User License Agreement” Revised.
- UI Plug-in information screen updated.
- User manual revision 4.
APC is available for purchase for 18 EUR/$22 USD.
More information: Tek’it Audio