Neocymatics has announced Hybrid Strings, a virtual string instrument library for Native Instrument Kontakt.
After a long period of detailed research, development and fine-tuning Neocymatics is proud to announce the release of Hybrid Strings, a Kontakt Library that will bring a new perspective to VST Strings.
The purpose of Hybrid Strings is to serve as a Solo String Library but also as a Section one. Our aim was to achieve the highest playability and expressiveness possible in real time, with no compromise in quality or diversity.
Hybrid Strings features
- Crystal-clear Audio Quality, Ultra Dry Sound with full control over Room/Air.
- Dynamic Amplitude Sound Shaping, controlled through Breath Controller/Expression Pedal or any Midi CC of your choice.
- True Legato Performance – Realistic Trills.
- Bow-Change simulation.
- Real-time portamento/glissando with variable Finger-String contact and full control over portamento time.
- Fully controlled real-time Vibrato with variety of techniques/intensity.
- Fully controlled String Resonances/Harmonics for every note.
- Formant-correct realistic Pitch-Bend action.
- Real-time control over Attack Dynamics for both monophonic and polyphonic playing.
- Increased playability with only 3 articulations to cover the full range of playing techniques (staccato, spiccato, legato, pizzicato, tremolo, portamento, polyphonic playing) in only 1 patch per instrument.
- FX Processor tweaked for every instrument respectively, with assignable controllers for real-time sound morphing.
- 30 custom Impulse Responses that will truly transform your sound, ranging from Short Spaces and Early Reflections to Huge Halls and Concert Stages, all recorded at 96 kHz.
- Individual Note Microtuning with 200 cents range, including 22 ready presets of Byzantine Sounds, Middle Eastern Scales, Arabic Maqams and Miscellaneous Tunings (Pythagorean, Just Intonation etc) – Ability to transpose every Tuning to any Base Note. All Tunings use precision of 2 decimal numbers.
The Hybrid Strings library for Kontakt 5 (requires full version) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 249 EUR until August 1st, 2012.
More information: Neocymatics