New Sonic Arts has released an update for its Freestyle VST host software for Windows and Mac.
Version 1.2517 includes new MIDI features, support for Nuance 2.0‘s feature set (which is scheduled for release by the end of March), and more improvements and fixes.
Freestyle offers a fresh approach to plugin hosting. Forget fiddly menus, and unnecessary constraints such as tracks, busses and inserts, Freestyle provides an open canvas for you to work freely with your favourite instruments and effects.
Quickly build splits, layers and FX chains in the Rack View, or dive into the Structure View for endless routing possibilities, frequency splitting and crossfading.
Changes in Freestyle v1.2517
- Event Player: Added ‘Export MIDI’ option plus drag MIDI to host feature.
- Added ‘MIDI Learn’ shortcut to Macro Controls context menu.
- Support for Nuance 2.0 feature set.
- Various other small tweaks.
- Several fixes to VST scanning, including support for Movement Output, EMU Emulator X3, and latest Waves shell and improved thumbnail capture on Windows.
- Fixed bug that CC1 was re-mapped to CC64.
- Fixed some cosmetic fixes with animations.
Freestyle is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/Standalone), priced at 129 EUR. It is also included in the Freestyle Suite with Granite, Nuance and Vice at a savings of over 45%.
More information: New Sonic Arts