Native Instruments has announced the release of updates for its Kontakt 7 instrument platform and the Reaktor 6 creative toolkit for deep sound exploration.
Version 7.3.0 of Kontakt comes with features for instrument builders, and some bug fixes.
- Added: Option to snap sample start and end to zero crossing in Wave Editor.
- Improved: Selecting one of the loop snapping modes in the Wave Editor is now global for the instrument instead of per zone.
- Improved: Any change in Options dialog is now stored immediately after closing the dialog instead of after exiting Kontakt.
- Fixed PsycheDelay and Ring Modulator Info Pane help texts were mostly missing.
- Improved: KSP in_range() command now also works with real expressions.
- Improved: KSP Added optional arguments to sort() command which allows sorting only a range of the array instead of the whole array.
- Fixed KSP Script warning for get_mod_idx() and get_target_idx() commands now correctly refers to the names of those commands.
Reaktor version 6.5.0 includes Apple Silicon compatibility, VST3 support and various other improvements and fixes.
- Added: Apple Silicon compatibility for ARM processor based Macs.
- Added: Compatibility for MacOS 13 Ventura.
- Added: VST3 Target.
- Added: Automatic migration from VST2 to VST3 of Maschine projects and projects using Komplete Kontrol.
- Added: Reaktor 5 to 6 migration for Cubase, Maschine and Komplete Kontrol Host Chunks.
- Fixed Several Issues related to compatibility.
- Fixed Repeatable crash when loading racks after making changes to blocks.
- Fixed CRASH on deleting a module while being in its label edit mode.
- Fixed MAC: Core Context Menu entries not sorted.
- Fixed 30 minute demo mechanism for encoded blocks not working.
- Known Issue: MIDI Program Changes not working and recall of host chunk does not load the correct sound (loads init) – Only happened in older versions of Maschine and Komplete Kontrol, this was fixed meanwhile so please update both to the current/latest versions.
The updates are available from the Native Access app.
More information: Native Instruments