Nine Volt Audio has updated TAIKO, a multi-sampled library of Japanese drums for Kontakt.
Great reviews have not stopped us from adding more of everything to TAIKO: 31 new patches/multis, 75 new MIDI performances across 12 new themes and 475+ MB of additional hits and fx! The specifications below reflect these additions.
- Recorded in a concert hall, capturing nagado-daiko drums with natural reverb from multiple microphone perspectives including close, stage, hall, and balcony. Stage, hall and balcony positions include left and right microphone perspectives for complete stereo images.
- Recordings include left and right hand head hits, rim clicks, stick clicks, stomps, yells, shouts, growls and more.
- 4,800+ recorded hits and nearly 2.8 GB of content in 24 bit, 44.1kHz resolution.
- 275+ patches and multis with a palette of sounds ranging from minimal stick clicks to ensemble created sonic booms.
- 150+ MIDI performances, many with up to 16 parts, spread across 24 themes. Sixteen of these themes recreate the performances in Action Drums: Taiko Edition. A matching Kontakt multi patch is included for each theme, pre-mixed for instant out-of-the-box composing.
- Patches have up to 90+ velocity layers, and advanced scripting assists in the creation of realistic performances by affecting volume, tuning, randomness and ensemble tightness.
- Includes a broad range of “ensemble constructor” patches. These present the most natural form of the recorded taiko into easy to use patches. Each taiko is broken down into elements by microphone position and articulation for maximum control of the mix.
- Users have access to all raw .wav files.
TAIKO is available for Kontakt (v2.2.4.001 or higher) as a digital download and on DVD for $129.99 USD.
Visit Nine Volt Audio for more information and audio demos.