Opulent Audio has released bLO-FIsh, a versatile Lo-Fi synth VST plug-in for Windows PC.
bLO-FIsh incorporates classic chip type (8 bit) sounds with more traditional synth elements to bring on a huge sonic range. Flexible, extensive modulation plus a 16-step gate for more musical and rhythmic options. Plus, bLO-FIsh has a distortion effect and a CPU-friendly reverb to garnish your 8 bit feast.
- Generators: 3 Wave Oscillators with Sine, Saw, Ramp, Triangle, Square and two different widths of Pulse waves – Audio quality is switchable between standard, 16 bit/44 khz operation and 8 bit/22 khz LO-FI mode – Graphic amplitude ADSRs – Output routing options to either filter, both filters, or no filter (straight to effects section) – Hard sync feedback loop – each oscillator hard syncs to the next and #3 syncs to #1.
- Filters: 2 Fast-response SV Filters with Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass and Band Reject modes – Graphic ADSRs routable to cutoff, resonance, or both. Control over amount of envelope applied – Pan and volume controls – Filters operate on a parallel basis (they are independent of each other).
- Effects section: ‘CheapoDisto’ – no frills distortion device – Efficient reverb unit. Normal, gated and freeze modes.
- Modulation devices: 2 Tempo-synced LFOs with wave modification options (shaping, folding) – 1 Free LFO, 2 – Graphic ADSRs (modulation also possible from velocity, aftertouch and mod wheel) – 16 step “Trance” style gate, synced to tempo. Mixes independently with all 3 Oscillators – 6 slot Modulation Matrix with 8 selectable sources and 63 selectable targets, user defined.
- More: Designed to be fast and easy to use – 64 built in presets – Most parameters are controllable via MIDI – Monophonic or 8 voice polyphonic operation with retrigger and portamento/glide available in mono mode – Small to medium CPU hit, depending on patch.
A 14 day fully-functioning trial version of bLO-FIsh is available for download. It can be registered for $8 USD.
Visit Opulent Audio for more information.