Orange Tree Samples has released its new Evolution series Roundwound Bass virtual instrument, a J-style electric bass sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt and Kontakt Player.
Evolution Roundwound Bass was developed in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company in Utah. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporated analog audio equipment to emphasize desirable tonal qualities of the bass, available as an enhanced signal provided in addition to the as-recorded signal.
Evolution Roundwound Bass is outfitted with Orange Tree Samples’ Evolution guitar engine which provides you with a customizable mapping system, configuration for the instrument’s tone and playability, and a built-in effects suite. The library includes many factory presets for ready-to-use classic and modern bass tones.
Evolution Roundwound Bass features
- Built-in effects engine for instantly-usable bass tones.
- Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
- Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
- 21.9 GB (compressed to 9.9 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
- Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, and natural harmonics in fingerstyle and picked playing styles as well as slapping, popping, and performance effects like string slaps, slides, and much more.
- MIDI articulations for instant octaves, grace notes, buzz trills, whole-step slides, whole-step hammer-ons, and slides (velocity-based and tempo-synced).
- Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
- The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.
The library costs $179 USD. An introductory price of $139 USD is available until April 17th, 2019.
More information: Orange Tree Samples