Osiris has released Cymbiant, a freeware 8 voice polyphonic analog emulation VST instrument for Windows PC.
Cymbiant v1.0 features
- Morphable Oscillator 1: Morph between Ramp to Noise, Sine to Saw, Triange to Square, Combo, or Supersaw (Note: Pulsewidth & Sync do not work with Supersaw. Also Supersaw is VERY LOUD in volume and will overwhelm, so turn it down!!)
- Morphable Oscillator 2: Morph between Ramp to Noise, Sine to Saw, Triangle to Square, or Combination. PW modulation on both oscillators really affect the square’s sound.
- Phase knobs both oscillators will smoothe the sound. Turned all the way up – no sound at all.
- Filter: Moog. Bandpass, and combo Moog/Bandpass. Moog Cutoff 35hz to 9000khz, BP Cutoff knob seperate. Q knob the same for both. Keyboard amount : -100% to 100%. Envelope Amount: -100% to 100%, Filter Clip On/Off (interesting clipper can really add some dirt to your sounds).
- Envelope Generator for Filter & Volume.
- LFO: Tempo Synced or free from 0.20 hz to 50 hz. Level from -10 to 10. Usual suspect waves & Sample & Hold.
Modulation Source choose between LFO or Pitch Envelope. Destinations: None, Filter 1 & 2. Pitch, PW, Osc 2 Pitch, Filter Q, Moog Filter only, BP filter only.
- Chorus and tempo synced arp with Velocity & Transpose choice. If the Wet knob on the Chorus is turned too high it will generate strange artifacts in the sound.
You can download Cymbiant below.
2008-02-08: updated version 1.0a is now available, more info here.
Osiris Cymbiant v1.0 (Download size: 1.12 MB)