Output has announced the release of its new audio plugin Thermal, an interactive effect that allows you to easily create powerful and layered distortion sounds.
For years, distortion and saturation effects have only seen incremental advances. Thermal breaks ground with a multi-stage engine that goes far beyond what multi-band distortions traditionally accomplish, inviting experimentation and inspiring creativity.
The XY control provides an easy interface to enhance harmonics by tapping into its layered engines, each with analog and digital distortion algorithms, effects, modulation and imaging.
“If you’re familiar with Output, you know we like to take traditional ideas and flip them on their heads,” said Output CEO, Gregg Lehrman.
“Finding and using distortion should be less mechanical and more creative. It should inspire sound design.”
- 250 presets for immediate playability.
- A circular XY visualizer linked to distortion parameters.
- Powerful multi-stage distortion and effects processing.
- Interactive waveform manipulation.
- Mid-side and time-based width.
- 15+ custom distortion types.
- 9 built-in FX with an additional Master Compressor and filter.
- Value readout panel for better understanding of controls.
- Favoriting feature in Presets menu.
- Built-in Tool Tips on Advanced page.