Baby Audio has announced the release of its new Parallel Aggressor audio effect plugin, taking parallel compression to another level.
Available in light, gray and dark color schemes, Parallel Aggressor processes the dry original sound, a heavily compressed duplicate (Spank), and a heavily saturated duplicate (Heat), and then combines all three signals.
Parallel processing plays a fundamental part in getting a “big” mix sound. By processing multiple copies of the same track and blending them together, you can add more punch to a mix — in a more natural-sounding way.
It’s like teamwork: Multiple copies of the same track – each focused on doing one specific job – can achieve more together than a single copy being processed to death on its own.
Parallel Aggressor is based on this simple concept.
Parallel Aggressor workflow
- Balance the three parallel signals from the main level mixer.
- Use the Spank and Heat knobs to dial-up the firepower of the parallel engines.
- The meters help you set the right amount of Spank and Heat for any audio signal. (Dial the main Spank/Heat knobs until the meters peak right before the orange line).
- The style knobs inject desirable sonic flavors into the parallel engines. Engage many at once.
- The solo buttons let you monitor each parallel signal individually for fine-tuning purposes.
- Turn on Auto Gain to get a consistent plugin output, roughly matching the input level.
- Output sets the global output level (post Auto Gain).
- Switch between three different color schemes by clicking the top left icon.
The plugin is also included in the All Plugins Bundle, priced at $120 USD.
You can get a 10% discount on any purchase at Baby Audio with promo code REKKERD at the checkout.
More information: Baby Audio