Plugin Alliance has announced the release of the Ampeg SVT-VR bass amplifier plugin, an exacting emulation of the world’s most beloved bass amp.
The Ampeg SVT-VR plugin aims to bring all of the raw energy and punchiness of the original hardware right into your DAW.
Built by Brainworx from the ground up, this exacting emulation of the original 300-Watt amplifier along with its equally well known 8X10 cabinet, the SVT-VR was Ampeg’s ambition to create the, ‘biggest, nastiest bass amplifier the world has ever seen.” Throughout history, the SVT-VR has proven itself time and time again across many genres, with unrivaled power and heavy tones.
And now, you can join the ranks of Bootsy Collins, Darryl Jones, Michael Bradford and Chris Wyse along with thousands of other bassists who have looked to the SVT-VR for all of their bass needs for decades. The story of the SVT began in 1969 when Ampeg changed the game of bass amplification with the release of their Super Valve Technology titan. Featuring six(!) 6550 power tubes and a killer 8×10 speaker cabinet, the amp quickly became the go-to choice for all those seeking to fill small and large venues with a massive low end. The amp’s tone is equally effective across the frequency spectrum, delivering a roaring low end, punchy mids and a pleasant high end.
Ampeg SVT-VR features
- Exacting emulation of the world’s most beloved bass amp.
- Fully endorsed by Ampeg.
- “Ultra Hi,” “Ultra Lo” and, for Channel 1, a “Bass Cut” switch and a midrange frequency select switch for crafting midrange timbre around either 220Hz, 800Hz or 3k center frequency.
- Record and reamp with maximum beefiness and unmatched tube tone of the SVT-VR bass amp.
- FX Rack includes a noise gate, tight and smooth filters, Power Soak and a horn On/Off function for the cabinets.
- 23 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinets recorded in a state of the art NEVE equipped studio.
The SVT-VR plugin is available for $149 USD. It is included in the Mega Bundle subscription.
More information: Plugin Alliance