Plugin Alliance has introduced dearVR, a 3D audio reality engine from Dear Reality that delivers focused 3D object-based workflows for music and sound design.
dearVR lets you turn your flat stereo multitrack sessions into an immersive 360º soundscape that envelops your listeners when they hear your music on headphones.
Build an interactive, virtual acoustic environment for video games or VR/AR applications that will blow your client away.
dearVR music allows you to create a virtual, three-dimensional world in which you can move each inside any of 18 virtual acoustic environments, including a concert hall, church, stage, drum room and more.
dearVR music breaks the shackles of stereo and planar surround sound to turn your DAW into a 3D virtual reality powerhouse. No advanced engineering chops are needed. Load dearVR music onto a track in your mix and choose one of 18 pristine virtual acoustic presets. Then simply drag your mouse around in the plugin’s intuitive interface to position the track virtually behind or in front of the listener, above or below their head, to the left or right, closer or farther away—at any angle and distance in a 3D soundstage—for mind-blowing playback using conventional stereo headphones.
Your moves can be recorded in real time with your DAW’s automation, and the shape and dimensions of each virtual space can be changed using controls that adjust its size, damping, and balance of early reflections and diffuse reverb.
dearVR music also outputs the highest quality 3D audio in 4-channel Ambisonics format, used in soundtracks for 360-degree YouTube videos.
dearVR music features
- Mix any standard multitrack session as an immersive 3D soundscape with binaural output for headphones.
- Position and move tracks in real time with 360º freedom in a virtual 3D environment using a graphical XYZ pad or separate sliders for adjusting the track’s azimuth, elevation and distance to the listener.
- Includes 18 virtual acoustic environments, each independently recallable per plugin instance.
- Controls for virtual environments adjust their size, damping and balance of early reflections and diffuse reverb.
- Supports 2-channel binaural (for headphones), 4-channel Ambisonics (for YouTube) and stereo playback formats.
Pros working in virtual reality or augmented reality can use dearVR pro‘s extended control set, offering nearly four dozen virtual acoustic environments, virtual reflections that respond in real time to changing positioning, and many more output formats to choose from.
dearVR pro offers two modes of operation. Simply drag your mouse around using the plugin’s graphical XYZ pad to position a track’s sound anywhere in a 3D soundstage, or use separate sliders for adjusting the sound’s elevation, azimuth and distance from the listener.
46 vivid virtual acoustic environments are included, featuring true to life 3D imaging and depth, in which to place an object’s sound and move it around in real time.
In Realtime Auralization mode, turn six knobs to respectively adjust the distance from the listener of the four walls, ceiling and floor in your virtual space; as you move your sound around to match an onscreen object’s movement, the delay times and directions of arrival for early reflections bouncing off these virtual boundaries change—just like in real environments.
An Occlusion control lets you adjust the sound of an object to realistically match its being blocked by another virtual object in line of sight to the listener.
And if a track’s sound doesn’t move in perfect sync with its corresponding visual element, you can tweak its animation curve using separate scaling controls for azimuth and distance parameter ranges to make picture and sound match up flawlessly.
dearVR pro outputs the highest-quality 3D audio in seven delivery formats (including audio for 360-degree videos on YouTube and Facebook).
dearVR pro features
- State-of-the-art processing allows any multitrack session to be mixed in 3D, delivering a true to life immersive soundscape with binaural or Ambisonic playback.
- No ancillary software or external routing is required—all processors are contained in a single plugin.
- Position and move an object’s sound in real time in a virtual 3D environment using a graphical XYZ pad or separate sliders for adjusting the sound’s azimuth, elevation and distance to the listener.
- Includes 46 vivid virtual acoustic environments to choose from, each independently recallable per plugin instance.
- Controls for virtual environments adjust their size; damping; balance of early reflections and diffuse reverb; and distance of walls, ceiling and floor to listener.
- Powerful Realtime Auralization mode continually changes the delay times and directions of arrival for early reflections as you move an object’s sound around in its virtual space.
- Occlusion control realistically adjusts the sound of an object being blocked by another virtual object in line of sight to the listener.
- Separate controls scale parameter ranges for azimuth and distance to maintain perfect sync between audio and corresponding virtual objects in motion.
- Outputs audio in eight different formats: 2-channel binaural (for 3D playback using standard headphones); 4-channel first order, 9-channel second order and 16-channel third order Ambisonics output in either AmbiX or Furse Malham (FuMA) format; and 2D stereo.
dearVR music and pro (VST/AU/AAX) are available for the intro price of $149 USD and $299 USD, respectively (regular $199 USD and $349 USD).
More information: Plugin Alliance