Plugin Boutique has announced an update to the Scaler 2 MIDI plugin that helps you find scales, chords and chord progressions with ease.
Version 2.7 is a major update, bringing a new Live Sync mode for keeping all Scaler instances in sync, Multi Out for splitting chord voicing across multiple MIDI channels, Auto Play for previewing chord sets, and much more.
Changes in Scaler v2.7
- New Features:
- Add Live Sync ability to keep the Progression Builder (Section C) synchronised across other Scaler instances in realtime.
- Add new modes for Parallel Harmony to generate progressions by thirds, fourths, and fifths.
- Add Auto Play in browser (Section A) to enable quick preview of chord sets.
- Add Multi Voice Output (Multi Midi Out) option to split each note of chords onto separate channels.
- Add Global UI Velocity controls to change the strength of MIDI notes played through the interface.
- Add ability to consolidate chords from multiple patterns into a single chord set file.
- New Content:
- Scale Based Sequences.
- 80s, Classical, HipHop, LoFi Chord Sets.
- Fixed Bass Chord Sets (Triad and Extended).
- Divisi 4 Part Chord Sets (Intended to work with Multi Midi Out).
- Avant-Garde Phrases.
- Avant-Garde Performances.
- Internal Orchestral Bass Instrument.
- Internal LoFi Instrument.
- Make undo/redo buttons always visible in Section C.
- Clear Undo/Redo history when clearing state or when importing a state file.
- Fix Daw-Sync timing causing playback to start early in Cubase.
- Fix Play-Quantize offset calculation.
- Remember the last selected scale on circle of fifths in the Voicing Editor.
Scaler 2.7 (VST/VST3, AU and AAX) is a free update for Scaler 2 users.
New users can purchase the plugin individually or as a part of exclusive bundles at discounts of up to 68% off until December 5th, 2022.
More information: Plugin Boutique