Prodyon has released version 1.6 of Phenome, a SoundFont player instrument for Windows.
PHENOME is a low-CPU 8-part multitimbral Soundfont (SF2) Player-VST Instrument with all the basic features like ADSR, multiple filters and arpeggiators.
It has been designed to focus on getting things done quickly rather then being bloated with features that get hardly ever used.
Changes in Phenome v1.6
- Improved amp and filter envelopes.
- Integrated browser for soundfonts and presets.
- Fastest soundfont-browsing on the planet!.
- Chorus/widener, bitcrusher, delay and vibrato per layer.
- Overworked filter drive.
- Added signal degrader.
- Added fixed pitch option.
- Added more modwheel options.
- Added velocity split.
- Added mono-gliding.
- Overworked arpeggiator.
- Overworked pitchbend options.
- Added textfields for program/multi name and author.
- Added patch/bank (FXP/FXB) buttons.
- Changed buttons to popup menus.
- Added filter drive/distort.
- Added note-off trigger mode.
- Added preset browser (*.phe).
- Added lock layer feature.
- Added various tooltips (hints).
Phenome is available as a free download for Windows PC (VST).
More information: Prodyon Phenome