Progsounds has released The Modular Piano, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
If sampling is like a photography, sound synthesis is like a painting. The Modular Piano is an oil portrait of a never existed piano; an illusion of reality, aware of the illusion.
The Modular Piano has an intimate sound, detached from the brightness of modern pianos, which makes it ideal for certain situations when the precision and detail of a grand piano are not the best deal. Techniques from the past and modern technology were used to reinvent the most complex of the stringed instruments, but with a conceptual difference. Due to its synthetic nature, you will not find a huge and multilayered instrument but a live one, made of thousand flavours, with its very own dynamics.
The Modular Piano features
- 5 instruments (3 main, 2 bonus):
- The Modular Piano, synthesized from scratch, note by note.
- Ragama, an old, noisy, mechanical clavichord-like instrument, with an Asian taste.
- Galvanic Corrosion, an epic distorted bowed-like piano.
- Two bonus instruments, a couple of great sounding pads, and two multis as example of combination possibilities of our sounds.
- Custom convolution reverb impulses.
- PDF manual.
- Sample resolution: 44.1KHz / 24bit stereo .wav.
- 776MB installed – 434MB .rar download.
- Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 / 4 full retail version required (Free Kontakt Player will NOT load Progsounds libraries.
The Modular Piano is available to purchase for 29 EUR / $39 USD.