Propellerhead Software has updated ReCycle, a creative tool for total sample and loop control.
ReCycle 2.2 is a free update that brings is 64-bit compatibility, is Mac OS X Lion compatible, and has a new look and some workflow improvements.
Changes in ReCycle v2.2
- The program is now compatible with 64 bit operating systems.
- ReCyle 2.2 is also a true Cocoa program under Mac OS and fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. ReCycle 2.2 requires a Mac with an Intel processor. PowerPC is no longer supported.
- The main window has been graphically redesigned, including new zooming and scrolling. Scrolling is smoother and you can now zoom in further. Some redundant controls have been removed and others added.
- When exporting AIFF and Wave files, Record/Reason-style tempo information is now included in the file. Also, when importing audio files created in Record or Reason, the tempo information in those files is used for setting tempo and length in ReCycle.
- The Waveform now indicates graphically what sound will be played back, by dimming silent sections.
- You can now use the Q, W, E and R keys to select tools.
- The max length of audio files you can edit in ReCycle is no longer limited to five minutes.
- New online help on Mac and Windows.
- The Preference dialog has been streamlined and updated.
- Open Recent (documents) is now a sub-menu on Mac OS.
- The status bar has been removed.
- We have removed support for the Sound Designer II, Mixman and SampleCell formats since these are all outdated.
- The authorization system and copy protection has been changed, reducing the risk of having to reauthorize the program.
- Installation under Mac OS is now drag and drop (no installer).
ReCycle for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 229 EUR. The 2.2 update is now available to download for registered users.
More information: Propellerhead Software