Rane DJ has announced the immediate availability of the public beta version of its new 1.3 firmware for the Seventy-Two mixer.
The new firmware is being released in conjunction with Serato’s new Beta DJ Pro 2.1 and DJ Lite 1.1.
Running both Beta versions delivers several new key features and improvements, including the highly sought-after Serato post-fader software effects, improved trigger response times and additional information on the SEVENTY-TWO‘s heads-up display. The Serato DJ Pro 2.1 Beta software release will offer additional features such as a new Expansion Pack ‘Serato Play’ and support for ‘TIDAL’ streaming.
In order to enjoy and test these new updates, RANE encourages users to download and try both beta releases, since some features like post fader effects require both to operate. If users only download one, then the updates will operate but with limited features. RANE reminds users that this is a Beta, so they recommended testing in a safe environment. Rolling back is as simple as installing the previous build.
“Our goal was to greatly enhance the already amazing user interface and real-world performance of the SEVENTY-TWO mixer,” said Chris Roman, Senior Product Manager for RANE DJ. He added, ”This new 1.3 firmware takes the SEVENTY-TWO to a new level, enabling DJs to execute their ideas instantly and seamlessly, like never before.”
Changes in Seventy-Two v1.3 beta
- Added support for Serato Post-Fader FX.
- Improved pad response time and overall performance.
- Track end warning now displayed on waveform screen.
- Improved screen readout stability.
- Quick Auto-Loop triggers have been added to FX Encoder control while in waveform view.
- Add 3/4 time parameter to ECHO FX.
- Added Cue names to heads-up display.
- Improved settings menu workflow.
- Improved BPM alignment between Seventy-Two and Serato.
- Added Fader calibration reset in RANE control application (in Serato DJ Pro Beta install).
- Added Fader start (SHIFT +).
The update also comes with a reverse function for the Twelve motorized DJ control system (requires latest Serato DJ Pro 2.1 Beta).
The firmware update is available from the Rane DJ Forum.
More information: Rane DJ