Rhythm From Mars by Samples From Mars is a sample library featuring the sounds of the rare Roland Rhythm 700 sampled through an EMU SP-1200 sampler.
Created by Roland in 1972, (the same year the company was founded), the rhythm represents one of Roland’s very first products. The company’s founder, Ikutaro Kakehashi, had originally built rhythm boxes as organ accompaniments in the 1960s with his company Ace Electronic Industries, (Ace Tone).
The sound was unbeatable – early 70s analog drums, with airy hi hats, a punchy snare and the snappy analog percussion you might find on an old Suicide or Brian Eno record. It’s older and a bit grittier (there is some noise) than its late 70s siblings the CR-68 and CR-78.
Rhythm From Mars features
- 1026 Total Unique 24bit WAV One Hits.
- 46 Rhythm 700 samples recorded to tape.
- 4 x 16 hit WAV drum kits.
- 980 SP-1200 x Rhythm 700 samples re-pitched on tape .
- 54 Original Pattern Loops from the Rhythm 700.
- Kick and No Kick variations of Patterns.
- Patterns available as WAV, REX 2 Apple Loops.
- Includes Ableton Live 9.5, Kontakt 5.5, Logic & Reason 5 formats.
Rhythm From Mars is available for purchase for $29 USD.